You might not be able to clearly see the dirt and grime that build up on the exterior surface of your house, but believe us, it’s there. This accumulated dirt is not a reflection of you not cleaning your home or maintenance flaws, it’s simply the result of your house being exposed to weather elements. But, that doesn’t imply that all you can do is sit by and watch as years of grime make your beautiful home dull and uninviting. Yes, you can do something about it. Let’s tell you what.
You can simply take the help of a pressure washer and use it to remove the dirt which will bring your home’s appearance back to life. Sounds quite easy, right? Well, it’s not that easy actually. Pressure washers can cause a lot of damage to you and your property if you don’t know what you are doing. So this makes it all the more important to do your homework well before getting around to using a pressure washer. So, if you are intimidated by the whole concept, you have come to the right place. Though, it’s always better and safer to call over professionals for an exterior house wash in Auckland , Auckland Premium Painters, with their years of experience and trained staff make sure to use only top quality products to deliver the best results. They will clean up the exterior of your house thoroughly, along with the surrounding paths, driveways, fences etc.
Tips on making the best use of your pressure washers
If you are a savvy homeowner who’s always about keeping the insides of your home spick and span, you know that improving the curb appeal is equally important. You might be at the top of your game, when it comes to planting flowers, maintaining the landscape, doing odd repair jobs around the house etc. but do you know that one thing that’s always been overlooked? It’s the cleaning of the exterior of your home. So, how do you go about it? It’s all about a safe and smart approach of using a pressure washer, but only when you follow these tips. So, make sure to give your house a good wash before you call over those painting contractors in Auckland for a repainting job.
- Safety: This tip applies to whenever you are about to carry out pressure washing. You need to make sure that you wear an eye and ear protection gear. Pressure washers are very loud, and the high pressure of water will make the water, dirt and debris spray back towards you.
- Hold tight: It’s very important to be careful with the pressure washer, especially when you are just starting out. If you aren’t that confidence, make sure to hold the wand tightly with both hands, so that it doesn’t fly out of your grip.
- Minimize risk: Now, the pressure at which you operate the washer is very important as less pressure will not ensure proper cleaning while too much pressure could damage the surface of your property. Also, make sure to keep the spray tip at a distance of at least 18 inches away from the surface so as to minimize the risk of damage.
- Cleaning evenly: In order to achieve the most even cleaning, you need to keep moving the wand of the pressure washer in an up-down motion. Try not to let the spray of water linger on any one spot for too long. Use overlapping strokes to remove visible lines.
- Problem areas: Also, before you start to pressure wash, you need to keep an eye out for the problem areas like loose siding, cracks in concrete, breaches etc. These areas should be patched up and repaired before you pressure wash.
So, these were some of the most useful tips that you could put to use for hosing down your home’s exterior with a pressure washer. It will help your home regain its lost glory, looking brand new again. But, make sure that you do it correctly with the proper safety measures.